Sunday 28 August 2016

SPSE Securitytube Python Scripting Expert Exam

Hello all,

Welcome to the Securitytube Python Scripting Expert Course and Certification... If you have enrolled into the course, these words should sound like music in your head :).

I took yesterday the exam and I want to write down here my feelings and impressions on the experience.

A 6 hours exam is definitely not the most relaxing moment of your live. I slept for 12 hours the night before, woke up, strong breakfast, a 30 minutes walk to got up my mind and... there we go!.

4 full virtual desks opened. One with sublime and terminator to develop the scripts in linux, another one with windows XP, Immunity debugger and some pyhooks already opened, the third one with a kali linux and a bash shell directly pointing to the ruby scripts folder for generating and check string patterns (pattern_create.rb and pattern_offset.rb), and finally the last one with a metasploitable machine such a case something involving opened ports, other services or testing over DVWA, Mutillidae and so on... Everything ready... mmmm, no!, A coke beside me... ok, now.

I started 1 hour before the exam reviewing my code because I wanted to start the exam in the highest concentration peak and it worked fine for me. Just received the exam by e-mail, half an hour before the scheduled, and 4 questions on it... Hands on!

Even though I don't know the results, I think if you have gone through all the course, code all the practices with Vivek and performed the suggested exercises, you shouldn't be worried about the exam. I had ready 3 on 4 exercises after 1 hour.

After 3 and a half hours trying the last one I decided to give up. I am not going to unveil any exercise in the exam but I will tell you to dig in how to recover and to manage "Handle" windows object from the stack.

If you have any question, just post a comment and I will be back to you.

++Security

No comments:

Post a Comment